Hardware gateway certificate must be added to the hardware device for the configuration to work.
Before you begin
Verify that the hardware gateway certificate from your environment is available.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Select .
- Click the Hardware Devices tab.
- Click the Add () icon to create the hardware gateway profile details.
Name and Description
Specify a hardware gateway name.
You can add details of the profile in the description section.
Paste the certificate that you extracted from your environment.
Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) protocol is enabled by default .
The protocol is used to synchronize the hardware gateway configuration information.
- Click OK.
A profile that represents the hardware gateway is created.
- Refresh the screen to verify that the hardware gateway is available and running.
The connectivity should be UP.
- (Optional) : Click the hardware gateway profile and right-click to select View the BFD Tunnel Status from the drop-down menu.
The dialog box shows diagnostic tunnel status details for troubleshooting.