You can manually add a security tag and apply it to a virtual machine. This is especially useful when you are using a non-NETX solution in your environment and hence, cannot register the solution tags with NSX Manager.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Networking & Security and then click NSX Managers.
- Click an NSX Manager in the Name column and then click the Manage tab.
- Click the Security Tags tab.
- Click the New Security Tag () icon.
- Type a name and description for the tag and click OK.