You can view what applications are being run by a security group or desktop pool and then drill down into the report to find out which client applications are making outbound connections by a particular group of users. You can also discover all user groups and users who are accessing a particular application, which can help you determine if you need to adjust identity firewall in your environment.
About this task
Guest Introspection must be installed in your environment.
A domain must be registered with NSX Manager. For information on domain registration, see Register a Windows Domain with NSX Manager.
Data collection must be enabled on one or more virtual machines.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Networking & Security and then Activity Monitoring.
- Ensure that the Outbound Activity tab is selected in the left pane.
- Click the link next to Originating from.
All groups discovered through guest introspection are displayed.
- Select the type of user group that you want to view resource utilization for.
- In Filter, select one or more group and click OK.
- In Where application, select includes or excludes to indicate whether the selected application should be included in or excluded from the search.
- Click the link next to Where application.
- Select one or more application and click OK.
- In And where destination, select includes or excludes to indicate whether the selected virtual machines should be included in or excluded from the search.
- Click the link next to And where destination.
- Select one or more virtual machine and click OK.
- Click the During period () icon and select the time period for the search.
- Click Search.
Scroll to the right to see all the information displayed.
Search results filtered by the specified criterion are displayed. Click a row to view information about users within that AD group that used the specified application to access the specified virtual machines.
You can export a specific record or all records on this page and save them to a directory in a .csv format by clicking the icon on the bottom right side of the page.