If you specify a syslog server, NSX Manager sends all audit logs and system events to the syslog server.
About this task
Syslog data is useful for troubleshooting and reviewing data logged during installation and configuration.
NSX Edge supports two syslog servers. NSX Manager and NSX Controllers support one syslog server.
- In a Web browser, navigate to the NSX Manager appliance GUI at https://<nsx-manager-ip> or https://<nsx-manager-hostname>.
- Log in as admin with the password that you configured during NSX Manager installation.
- Click Manage Appliance Settings.
- From the Settings panel, click General.
- Click Edit next to Syslog Server.
- Type the IP address or hostname, port, and protocol of the syslog server.
If you do not specify a port, the default UDP port for the IP address/host name of the syslog server is used.
- Click OK.
vCenter Server remote logging is enabled, and logs are stored in your standalone syslog server.