Before you begin
NSX Guest Introspection must be installed on the cluster where you are installing Data Security.
If you want to assign an IP address to the Data Security service virtual machine from an IP pool, create the IP pool before installing Data Security. See Grouping Objects in the NSX Administration Guide.
About this task
As of NSX 6.2.3, the NSX Data Security feature has been deprecated. In NSX 6.2.3, you can continue to use this feature at your discretion, but be aware that this feature will be removed from NSX in a future release.
- In the Installation tab, click Service Deployments.
- Click the New Service Deployment () icon.
- In the Deploy Network and Security Services dialog box, select Data Security and click Next.
- In Specify schedule (at the bottom of the dialog box), select Deploy now to deploy Data Security as soon as it is installed or select a deployment date and time.
- Click Next.
- Select the datacenter and cluster(s) where you want to install Data Security and click Next.
- On the Select storage and Management Network page, select the datastore on which to add the service virtual machines storage or select Specified on host.
The selected datastore must be available on all hosts in the selected cluster.
If you selected Specified on host, the datastore for the ESX host must be specified in the AgentVM Settings of the host before it is added to the cluster. See vSphere API/SDK Documentation.
- Select the distributed virtual port group to host the management interface. This port group must be able to reach the NSX Manager’s port group.
If the datastore is set to Specified on host, the network to be used must be specified in the agentVmNetwork property of each host in the cluster. See vSphere API/SDK Documentation.
When you add a host(s) to the cluster, the agentVmNetwork property for the host must be set before it is added to the cluster.
The selected port group must be available on all hosts in the selected cluster.
- In IP assignment, select one of the following:
Assign an IP address to the Data Security service virtual machine through Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
An IP pool
Assign an IP address to the Data Security service virtual machine from the selected IP pool.
Note that static IP address are not supported.
- Click Next and then click Finish on the Ready to complete page.
- Monitor the deployment until the Installation Status column displays Succeeded.
- If the Installation Status column displays Failed, click the icon next to Failed. All deployment errors are displayed. Click Resolve to fix the errors. In some cases, resolving the errors displays additional errors. Take the required action and click Resolve again.