The vShield Manager to NSX upgrade bundle contains all the files needed to upgrade the NSX infrastructure. Before upgrading vShield Manager you will first need to download the upgrade bundle for the version you wish to upgrade to.
Before you begin
An MD5 checksum tool.
- Download the vShield Manager to NSX upgrade bundle to a location vShield Manager can browse to. The name of the upgrade bundle file has a format similar to VMware-vShield-Manager-upgrade-bundle-to-NSX-releaseNumber-NSXbuildNumber.tar.gz.
- Verify the upgrade filename ends with tar.gz.
Some browsers might alter the file extension. For example if the download filename is:
Change it to:
Otherwise, after uploading the upgrade bundle, the following error message appears: "Invalid upgrade bundle file VMware-vShield-Manager-upgrade-bundle-to-NSX-6.x.x-xxxxx,gz, upgrade file name has extension tar.gz."
- Use an MD5 checksum tool to compare the upgrade bundle's official MD5 sum shown on the VMware Web site with the MD5 sum calculated by the checksum tool.
- In the MD5 checksum tool, browse to the upgrade bundle.
- Use the tool to calculate the checksum of the bundle.
- Paste in the checksum listed on the VMware Web site.
- Use the tool to compare the two checksums.
If the two checksums do not match, repeat the upgrade bundle download.