You can download technical support logs for each NSX Controller instance. These product specific logs contain diagnostic information for analysis.
About this task
To collect NSX Controller logs:
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Networking & Security, and then click Installation.
- Under Management, select the controller that you want to download logs from.
- Click Download tech support logs.
- Click Download.
The NSX Manager starts downloading the NSX Controller log and acquires the lock.Note:
Download one NSX Controller log at a time. Once the first one completes, start downloading the other. An error might occur if you download logs from multiple controllers simultaneously.
- After the log is ready, click Save to download the log to your desktop.
The log is compressed and has .gz file extension .
You can now analyze the downloaded logs.
What to do next
If you want to upload diagnostic information for VMware technical support, refer to the Knowledge Base article 2070100.