Without SSL termination configured, HTTP request are not inspected. The load balancer sees the source and destination IP addresses and encrypted data. If you want to inspect the HTTP requests, you can terminate the SSL session on the load balancer and then create a new SSL session towards the cell pool.
Before you begin
Go to Manage > Settings > Certificates to ensure that a valid certificate is present. You can upload a certificate for load balancer as follows:
In PEM format, or
Generate a CSR, or
Create a self signed certificate
- In the application profile at Manage > Load Balancer > Application Profiles.
- Select HTTPS type from the drop-down menu.
- Verify that Enable SSL Passthrough is not selected.
- Verify that Configure Service Certificate is selected.
- Select the appropriate certificate from the list.