This example describes how to remove a third-party integration solution from NSX.
About this task
There is a correct order of software when removing any third-party software solution. If this sequence is not followed and specifically if the third-party solution is uninstalled or deleted before it is unregistered with NSX Manager, the removal operation will fail. See https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2126678 for instructions on how to resolve this.
- In the Sphere Web Client, navigate to Networking & Security > Service Composer, and delete the rules (or security polices) that are redirecting traffic to the 3rd-party solution.
- Navigate to Service Definitions and double-click the name of the third-party solution.
- Click Related Objects and delete the related objects.
- Navigate to Installation > Service Deployments and delete the third-party deployment.
This action uninstalls the associated VMs.
- Return to Service Definitions and delete any sub-components of the definition.
- In the service instance, delete the service profile.
- Delete the service instance.
- Delete the service definition.
The third-party integration solution is removed from NSX.
What to do next
Make notes of the configuration settings, and then remove NSX from the third-party solution. For example, you may need to delete rules that reference other objects and then delete the objects.