You can export a Service Composer configuration and save it to your desktop. The saved configuration can be used as a backup for situations where you may accidentally delete a policy configuration, or it can be exported for use in another NSX Manager environment.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Networking & Security and then click Service Composer.
- Click the Security Policies tab.
- Select the security policy that you want to export.
- Click Actions and then click Export Configuration.
- Type a name and description for the configuration that you are exporting.
- If desired, type a prefix to be added to the security policies and security groups that are being exported.
If you specify a prefix, it is added to the target security policy names thus ensuring that they have unique names.
- Click Next.
- In the Select security policies page, select the security policy that you want to export and click Next.
- The Ready to complete page displays the security policies along with associated objects (security groups on which these have been applied, as well as Endpoint services, firewall rules, and network introspection services) to be exported.
- Click Finish.
- Select the directory on your computer where you want to download the exported blueprint and click Save.
The configuration file is saved at the specified location.