You can create a security tag and apply it to a virtual machine. In a cross-vCenter environment, security tags are synchronized between primary and secondary NSX managers.
If creating a universal security tag in an active standby deployment scenario, first set the unique ID selection criteria on the primary NSX Manager.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Networking & Security and then click NSX Managers.
- Click an NSX Manager in the Name column and then click the Manage tab.
- Click the Security Tags tab.
- Click the New Security Tag icon.
- (Optional) : To create a universal security tag for use in cross-vCenter NSX environments, select Mark this object for universal synchronization.
- Type a name and description for the tag and click OK.
What to do next
Assign virtual machines to the security tag.