The Activity Monitoring Data Collection security group is a pre-defined security group. You can add multiple virtual machines to this security group at a time, and data collection is enabled on all of these virtual machines.
About this task
You must enable data collection at least five minutes before running an Activity Monitoring report.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Networking & Security and then click Service Composer.
- Click the Security Groups tab.
- Select the Activity Monitoring Data Collection security group and click the Edit () icon.
- Follow the wizard to add virtual machines to the security group.
Data collection is enabled on all virtual machines you added to this security group, and disabled on any virtual machines you excluded from the security group.