If local egress is enabled when a universal logical router is created, routes are sent to hosts only when the host locale ID matches the locale ID associated with the route. You can selectively send routes to hosts by configuring the locale ID on a cluster of hosts, or a host.
The universal logical (distributed) router that performs routing for the hosts or clusters must have been created with local egress enabled.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Networking & Security and then click Installation.
- Click the Host Preparation tab
- Select the NSX Manager that manages the hosts or clusters you need to configure.
- Select the host or cluster you want to modify, expanding clusters to display hosts if needed.
- Click the Settings icon ( ) and click Change Locale ID.
- Type a new locale ID and click OK.
The locale ID must be in UUID format. For example, XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX, where each X is replaced with a base 16 digit (0-F).
The universal controller cluster will send only routes matching this new locale ID to the hosts.
What to do next
Configure a static route with a locale ID specified.