In addition to creating a conditional workflow with a dynamic membership-based security tag, you can manually assign a security tag to virtual machines.
About this task
Security tags can be used as the matching criteria in security groups. In a cross-vCenter environment, security tags are synchronized between primary and secondary NSX managers.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Networking & Security and then click NSX Managers.
- Click an NSX Manager in the Name column and then click the Manage tab.
- Click the Security Tags tab.
- Right-click a security tag and select Assign Security Tag.
The Assign Security Tag to Virtual Machine window appears, populated with available VMs.
- Double-click one or more virtual machines to move them to the Selected Objects column. Click OK.
The Security Tags tab appears with an updated VM count for the security tag.