Default firewall settings apply to traffic that does not match any of the user-defined firewall rules. The default Edge firewall policy blocks all incoming traffic. You can change the default action and logging settings.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to .
- Double-click an NSX Edge.
- Click the Manage tab and then click Firewall.
- Select the Default Rule, which is the last rule in the firewall table.
- Point to the Action cell of the new rule and click .
- Click Accept to allow traffic from or to the specified source and destination.
- Click Log to log all sessions matching this rule.
Enabling logging can affect performance.
- Type comments if required.
- Click OK.
- Click Publish Changes.