If the partner solution includes a host-resident virtual appliance, you can deploy the service after the solution is registered with NSX Manager.
The partner solution is registered with NSX Manager.
NSX Manager can access the partner solution's management console.
The required license edition has been assigned. See https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2145269.
- Click Networking & Security and then click Installation.
- Click the Service Deployments tab and click the New Service Deployment () icon.
- In the Deploy Network and Security Services dialog box, select the appropriate solution(s).
- In Specify schedule (at the bottom of the dialog box), select Deploy now to deploy the solution immediately or select a deployment date and time.
- Click Next.
- Select the datacenter and cluster(s) where you want to deploy the solution and click Next.
- Select the datastore on which to add the solution service virtual machines storage or select Specified on host.
The selected datastore must be available on all hosts in the selected cluster.
If you selected Specified on host, the datastore for the ESX host must be specified in the AgentVM Settings of the host before it is added to the cluster. See vSphere API/SDK Documentation.
- Select the distributed virtual port group to host the management interface. This port group must be able to reach the NSX Manager’s port group.
If the network is set to Specified on host, the network to be used must be specified in the Agent VM Settings > Network property of each host in the cluster. See vSphere API/SDK Documentation.
You must set the agent VM network property on a host before you add it to a cluster. Navigate to Edit to set the agent VM network.and click
The selected port group must be available on all hosts in the selected cluster.
- In IP assignment, select one of the following:
Assign an IP address to the service virtual machine through Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
An IP pool
Assign an IP address to the service virtual machine from the selected IP pool.
- Click Next and then click Finish on the Ready to complete page.
- Monitor the deployment until the Installation Status displays Successful. If the status displays Failed, click the icon next to Failed and take action to resolve the error.
What to do next
You can now consume the partner service through NSX UI or NSX API.