You must remove all virtual machines from a logical switch before uninstalling it. In a cross-vCenter NSX environment, you must remove all virtual machines from the universal logical switch on all NSX Managers.
Before you begin
You must have been assigned the Enterprise Administrator or NSX Administrator role.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to Home > Networking & Security > Logical Switches.
- Remove all virtual machines from a logical switch.
- Select a logical switch and click the Remove Virtual Machine icon ().
- Move all virtual machines from Available Objects to Selected Objects and click OK.
If you are uninstalling a universal logical switch, you might have virtual machines attached to the universal logical switch on primary and secondary NSX Managers. Repeat these steps for all NSX Managers in your cross-vCenter NSX environment to remove all virtual machines from the universal logical switch.
- With the logical switch selected, click the Delete () icon.
If you are uninstalling a universal logical switch, you must delete it from the primary NSX Manager.