Installing the NSX and Edge SSL VPN Client on Windows 8.1 fails.
Cannot install NSX Edge SSL VPN-Plus Client on Windows 8.1.
You see an error: Driver installation failed for reason E000024B:Please try rebooting the machine.
This issue occurs if you use of the Hide SSL client network adapter option while adding installation package of the SSL VPN-Plus client for the remote user.
To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Networking & Security , and then click NSX Edges.
- Double-click an NSX Edge, and then click SSL VPN-Plus tab.
- Select the installation package that you want to edit, and then click the Edit icon.
The Edit Installation Package dialog box appears.
- Deselect the Hide SSL client network adapter check box.
- Click OK.
Go to your Windows 8.1 machine and install the client without any errors.