You must add at least one appliance to NSX Edge before deploying it.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- Click Networking & Security and then click NSX Edges.
- Double-click an NSX Edge.
- Click the Manage tab and then click the Settings tab.
- In Edge Gateway Appliances, click the Add () icon.
- Select the cluster or resource pool and datastore for the appliance.
- (Optional) Select the host on which the appliance is to be added.
- (Optional) Select the vCenter folder within which the appliance is to be added.
- Click Add.