You can change the order of user-defined firewall rules that were added in the Edge Firewall tab to customize traffic flowing through the NSX Edge. For example, suppose you have a rule to allow load balancer traffic. You can now add a rule to deny load balancer traffic from a specific IP address group, and position this rule above the LB allow traffic rule.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to .
- Double-click an NSX Edge.
- Click the Manage tab and then click the Firewall tab.
- Select the rule for which you want to change the priority.
You cannot change the priority of auto-generated rules or the default rule.
- Click the Move Up () or Move Down () icon.
- Click OK.
- Click Publish Changes.