This section describes how to add a host to a cluster prepared for network virtualization.
- Add the host to vCenter Server as a standalone host.
See ESXi and vCenter Server Documentation.
- Add the host to the vSphere Distributed Switch mapped to the cluster where you want to add the host.
All hosts in the cluster must be in the vSphere Distributed Switch being leveraged by NSX Data Center for vSphere.
- Right click on the target host and select Maintenance Mode > Enter Maintenance Mode.
- Drag and drop the target host into an existing enabled cluster that is prepared for NSX.
Since this is a prepared cluster, the required software is automatically installed on the newly added host.
- Right click on the host and select Maintenance Mode > Exit Maintenance Mode
DRS balances virtual machines onto the host.