If logs are not received by the remote log server, perform the following steps.
- Verify the remote log server's IP address.
- Verify that the level parameter is configured correctly.
- Verify that the facility parameter is configured correctly.
- If the protocol is TLS, set the protocol to UDP to see if there is a certificate mismatch.
- If the protocol is TLS, verify that port 6514 is open on both ends.
- Remove the message ID filter and see if logs are received by the server.
- Restart the rsyslog service with the command restart service syslog.
To learn more about how to configure NSX appliances and hypervisors to send log messages to a remote logging server, see Configure Remote Logging.