You must change the default MAC address of the NSX virtual distributed router so that it does not use the same MAC address that is used by the Distributed Logical Router (DLR) of NSX-V.
The virtual distributed routers (VDR) in all the transport nodes of an NSX environment use the default global MAC address. You can change the global MAC address of the NSX VDR by updating the global gateway configuration with the following PUT API:
For a detailed explanation about all the parameters in this global gateway configuration API, see the NSX API Guide.
The default global MAC address is: 02:50:56:56:44:52. For example, you want to change it to 02:50:56:56:44:62.
- Retrieve the output of the global gateway configuration API by running the following GET API:
- Copy and paste the GET API response in a text editor.
- Edit the following two parameter values:
- vdr_mac: 02:50:56:56:44:62
- allow_changing_vdr_mac_in_use: true
Retain the existing values of the other parameters.
- Copy and paste the complete edited API response in the request body of the following PUT API:
- Run the PUT API to change the default global MAC address of the NSX VDR.