You can deploy Network Insight data collector by using a vSphere Windows Native Client.
- From the File menu, select Deploy OVF Template.
- Browse to select the source location of the OVA.
- Verify the OVA template details.
- Read and accept the EULA.
- Verify that the correct folder is selected and enter a name for the virtual machine.
- Enter the required information to create the virtual machine.
- Map the network from the OVA to your inventory.
- Enter the required information to customize the template and perform the following configurations:
- Review the details, select the Power on after deployment checkbox.
Enter the Shared Secret that you have generated.
Deselect the Log Push Enable option.
Select the Health Telemetry Enable option, to improve the product by sending anonymous data about product performance.
After the Network Insight collector OVA is deployed and running, you must verify whether the given static IP is set on the vCenter Server. The vCenter data source form displays a drop-down list with the new appliance selected.
- Enter the required information to customize the form.
Enter the IP address or fully qualified domain name of the vCenter Server.
Enter the username with the following privileges: Distributed Switch: Modify dvPort group: Modify
Enter the password for the Network Insight software to access the vCenter Server system.
- Click Validate and then click Submit.