You can create a single alert definition that works across multiple device templates. When you create alert definitions for multiple device templates, ensure that the metrics or properties for the alert definition symptom is common across all the device templates that you have selected.
You must have the Create Alert Definition permission to perform this operation. For more information about roles and permissions, see Roles and Permissions.
- From the VMware Pulse IoT Center UI, go to Alerts and Notifications > Alert Definitions.
The Alerts - Alert Definitions page is displayed.
- Click CREATE.
The Create Alert Definition wizard is displayed.
- In the Details step, enter the following information:
- Name - Enter a name and description for your alert.
- Description - Enter the alert description.
- Click Next.
- In the Devices step, click TEMPLATES and select the templates to be added. Click NEXT.
- In the Conditions step, add conditions to trigger your alert.
- In the Recommendation step, enter the action that the technician or administrator must take when the alert is triggered, and click Next.
- In the Notification step, perform the following steps:
- To send notifications when an alert is triggered or canceled, select Enable Notifications.
- From the Select Notification drop-down menu, select the notification to be sent.
- Click Next.
- In the Review step, review the information that you have provided and click SAVE.
You have successfully created an alert definition across multiple device templates.