To onboard your Windows gateway, perform the steps listed in this section.
In this example, we enroll the gateway using the Token-Based Authentication method.
Ensure that you have registered your Windows gateway template on VMware Pulse IoT Center.
- Download the Liota package from VMware Pulse IoT Center.
- Go to the downloaded folder and navigate to liota > examples > pulsev2.
- Copy all the files in the pulsev2 folder.
- Navigate to Program Files > VMware > liota > data > packages and paste the copied files in the packages folder. Replace packages if needed.
- From the VMware Pulse IoT Center console, select your registered Windows gateway device template and click Actions > Create Gateway Credentials and copy the credentials.
- From the command prompt of your Windows gateway, run the following command:
c:\Program Files\VMware\liota\data\packages>pythond liotad\liotapkg.py enroll token <credentials>
You have successfully enrolled your Windows gateway on VMware Pulse IoT Center.