This section lists the steps to onboard a gateway using the basic authentication method.
- You must have the CREATE DEVICE permission to perform this operation.
- Ensure that you have the user name and password.
- You must have created a device template and it must be available on the VMware Pulse IoT Center console.
- You must have installed the IoTC Agent on your gateway.
- You must know the name that you want to assign to your gateway in the VMware Pulse IoT Center console.
- From the VMware Pulse IoT Center UI, go the Inventory > Device Templates.
- Identify the device template to be associated with your gateway.
- Log in to your gateway and change the directory to /opt/vmware/iotc-agent/bin.
- Run the following command:
./iotc-agent-cli enroll --auth-type=BASIC --template=<templatename> --name=<gatewayname> --username=<pulseusername>
For a successful enrollment, the response must be
You have successfully enrolled a gateway using the basic authentication method and have assigned a device ID to it. To verify that the gateway is enrolled, go to the VMware Pulse IoT Center UI and click the Devices tab. The gateway must be listed in the Devices - All Devices page and its status must be ENROLLED.