While rebooting your multi-node deployment, VMware Pulse IoT Center displays an error for various reasons.
While rebooting your multi-node deployment, a service failure error is displayed. After rebooting a node, the VMware Pulse IoT Center administrator can verify the service status by viewing the Services page of the VMware Pulse IoT Center Administrator console. It shows certain VMware Pulse IoT Center services as inactive or disabled.
When all the services are started and the UI is available, if a user logs in, there can be a failure because of an error during Authentication.
- If the nodes of a VMware Pulse IoT Server instance have not been shut down gracefully, and have been rebooted.
- You might have powered on the Node 2 or 3 before Node 1 services are completely up and running.
- Ensure that you gracefully shut down all nodes in the order Node 3, Node 2, and then Node 1 respectively.
- While you bring up the nodes, power on the VMs in the order Node 1 (wait until Node 1 services are up), followed by Node 2, and 3 accordingly. The VMware Pulse IoT Center administrator can verify if all the services are up by logging into the VMware Pulse IoT Center Administration console, Services page.
- From the Services page, you can also verify if the Authentication Service (IAM) is up and running.