After deploying and setting up the VMware Pulse IoT Center Server Node 1, go to the VMware Pulse IoT Center Administration console to set up the Server Nodes 2 and 3.
As part of the VMware Pulse IoT Center server instance, Server Node 2 and 3 must join to Server Node 1 to form a server cluster.
You must have deployed and set up Server Node 1.
- Deploy the Server Node 2 and 3. See Deploy a VMware Pulse IoT Center Server Node OVA.
Note: When you are deploying Server Node 2 and 3, provide the FQDN name of Server Node 1 at the Join Pulse Instance text box.
- To verify if the nodes are set up, log in to the VMware Pulse IoT Center console using the IP/FQDN of the node in the URL format: https://<IP/FQDN>/ui.
- Enter the console user name and password, and click Login.
- Power on Server Node 2 and 3 respectively.
You have successfully set up Server Nodes 2 and 3 respectively.
What to do next
- If you have an external root CA certificate, perform the following:
- Replace the load balancer certificate. See Replace the Load Balancer Certificate.
- (Optional) Replace the server certificate with a custom certificate bundle. See Replace the Server Node Certificate with a Custom Certificate Bundle.
- If you do not want to use external certificates, See, Rebundle the VMware Pulse IoTC Agent Root CA Certificate.
- From the VMware Pulse IoT Center UI, download the VMware Pulse IoTC Agent and install it on your gateway. For information about downloading and installing the IoTC Agent and working with the VMware Pulse IoT Center console, see the VMware Pulse IoT Center 2.0 User Guide at https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Pulse-IoT-Center/