After deploying the VMware Pulse IoT Center node, go to the VMware Pulse IoT Center Administration console to complete the node setup.
- Access the VMware Pulse IoT Center Administration console using the URL format: https://<IP/FQDN>:8443/ui
The VMware Pulse IoT Center Administration login page is displayed.
- Enter the Node Admin user name and password. The user name is nodeadmin. The password is what you have set in the OVF properties, while deploying the OVA.
The Node Setup wizard is displayed.
- On the EULA page, read through the end-user license agreement, select Accept and click NEXT.
- On the Select Deployment Role page, select Pulse IoT Center Server Node from the Deployment Roles drop-down menu and click Next.
Note: Do not select Pulse IoT Center - Zero Config Server as this option is not enabled and will be implemented during future releases.
- On the License Key page, enter the license key.
Note: You can skip this step and add the license information post deployment.
- On the First Organization page, enter the following information:
Field Description Frontend Load Balancer (Mandatory for a multi-node setup) The host name or IP address of the front-end load balancer. For a single node, this is the same as the FQDN/IP of the node. First Organization Name (Mandatory) The name of your organization. Organization Domain Name (Mandatory) The domain name of your organization. Console Username (Mandatory) The user name to log in to the node console. Console Password (Mandatory) The password for the console user name. Console Confirm Password (Mandatory) Enter the password again for the console user name. Console User Email ID The email id of the console user name.
- On the SMTP Host Name page, enter the following information:
Field Description SMTP Host Name (optional) The SMTP hostname to deliver alert notifications. SMTP Port (optional) The SMTP port number. SMTP User Name (optional) The SMTP user name. SMTP Password (optional) The SMTP password.Note: To receive the welcome email and alert notifications, you must enter the SMTP details.
- On the Review page, review the server node information and SMTP details you have entered. You can go back and make corrections if necessary. To initialize the node, click LAUNCH NODE.
The status of the node changes to Deployment is in Progress and a notification is displayed. The node initialization takes a while to complete. After the note setup is complete, a list of services that are started are displayed.
You have successfully set up the VMware Pulse IoT Center Server Node 1.
What to do next
- To verify if the node is set up, log in to the VMware Pulse IoT Center console using the IP/FQDN of the node in the URL format: https://<IP/FQDN>/ui.
- Enter the console user name and password, and click Login.
- Set Up Server Node 2 and 3. See Set Up the VMware Pulse IoT Center Server Node 2 and 3
- Do not repeat the steps for setting up Server Node 2 and Server Node 3, as these nodes gets the configuration from Server Node 1 through cluster join.
- Do not power on Server Node 2 and Server Node 3 until the Server Node 1 is set up and services are up and running.