After deploying the VMware Pulse IoT Center load balancer node, set up the load balancer node.
Deploy the VMware Pulse IoT Center Load Balancer Node OVA.
- Access the VMware Pulse IoT Center Administration console at https://IP/FQDN:8443/ui
The VMware Pulse IoT Center Administration login page is displayed.
- Enter the Node Admin user name and password. The user name is nodeadmin. The password is what you have set in the OVF properties, while deploying the OVA.
- On the EULA page, read through the end-user license agreement, select Accept and click Next..
- On the Select Deployment Role page, select Pulse IoT Center Load Balancer Node from the Deployment Roles drop-down menu and click Next.
The Node Setup wizard is displayed.
- On the First Organization page, enter the values of Pulse Nodes, VMware Pulse IoT Center server Node Admin Password and, Virtual IP. Click Next.
Add comma-separated FQDN or IP address values for all the three nodes.For example, we need to add FQDN values of Server Node 1, Server Node 2 and Server Node 3 in the Pulse Nodes text box. Use the same password for all the three nodes.
- On the Review page, review the information that you have entered. You can go back and make corrections if necessary.
- To initialize the node, click Launch Node.
The node initialization takes a while to complete. After the note setup is complete, a list of services that are started is displayed. The status indicates that the deployment is successfully completed.
What to do next
- On the Nodes page, view the list of nodes in a particular cluster that you have added during setup. You can add a node from this page.
- Click Add
- Add the node details.
- Click Add.
- On the Updates page, search for updates if any, by setting up the repository URL.
- Deploy a server node. See Deploy a VMware Pulse IoT Center Server Node OVA.