You can edit a device template from the Inventory > Device Templates page.
You can edit the system properties, custom properties, add metrics, add a connected device template, and add commands. However, you cannot edit the template name and device type.
You must have the EDIT DEVICE TEMPLATE permission to perform this operation.
- From the VMware Pulse IoT Center UI, go to Inventory > Device Templates.
The Inventory - Device Templates screen is displayed.
- Click on the device template that you want to edit.
The device template's basic information is displayed in the Basic Information tab.
- Scroll down to a property that you want to edit and click the edit icon.
- Edit the device template properties by clicking the edit icon against each of the properties.
- To save the changes, click Save.
You have successfully edited a device template.
- Scroll down to the System Properties section and click the edit icon.
- In the Edit System Property window, click the edit icon against a property to edit the property.
- To delete a property, click the delete icon.
- To add a new system property, click + ADD and enter the property name. Click DONE.
- To save the changes, click SAVE.