This section lists the steps to onboard your gateway using the Zero Touch Enrollment method.
- You must have the CREATE DEVICE and ZERO TOUCH ENROLLMENT permissions to perform this operation.
- You must have created a device template using the ZERO TOUCH ENROLLMENT as the enrollment provider type.
- The gateway must be a Dell gateway running Ubuntu server and must be ZERO TOUCH ENROLLMENT enabled.
- You must have created a CSV file that contains the list of devices to enroll. The CSV file must contain the following columns: HardwareId (mandatory), Model Number (optional), and Property Value (optional).
- From the VMware Pulse IoT Center UI, go to Inventory > Devices
The Devices - All Devices page is displayed.
- Click Register.
The Register Gateway wizard is displayed.
- Enter the batch name or file name and select the device template that has Zero Touch Enrollment enabled to associate with your gateway.
Note: The Enrollment Type is Zero Touch Enrollment and this cannot be changed.
- Click Upload to upload the CSV file that contains a list of Hardware IDs of your gateways.The first row is reserved for the property name. The HardwareId field is mandatory. The Model Number and Property value fields are optional. Any values and names provided after the first column are displayed as custom properties on the registered gateways.
- Click REGISTER.