You download the Linux installation package and run it on your local machine.
Verify that your local machine is running a supported version of Linux. For a list of supported operating systems, see the release notes for your version of VMware Remote Console.
- Access the VMware Remote Console download page and download VMware Remote Console for Linux.
You can also access the download page from the vRealize Automation console or the vCloud Director Web Console.
- In the vRealize Automation console, select any virtual machine in your deployment. Click the Actions icon and select Connect using VMRC. On the page displayed, click Download VMRC.
- In the vCloud Director Web Console, select . Click Actions on any virtual machine and select Download VMRC.
- Switch to the
sudo su -
- If necessary, grant execute permissions to the installation package.
chmod +x VMware-Remote-Console-version-build.x86_64.bundle
- Run the installation package.
- To install in GUI mode, perform the following steps.
To install in command-line mode, perform the following steps.
- Read and accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- Select whether to check for product updates and click Next.
- Select whether to join the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) and click Next.
For more information about the CEIP, see Join or Leave the Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- Click Install.
- Press Enter and read the license agreement.
- When you reach the end of the license agreement, type yes to accept the license agreement.
You can type q to move to the end of the license agreement.
- If you want to check for product updates, type yes.
VMware Remote Console is installed on your local machine and is configured to open URLs that use the