You download the Windows installation package and run it on your local machine.
This procedure describes how to use the installation wizard to install VMware Remote Console. If you want to perform a silent installation, see Perform a Silent Installation of VMware Remote Console.
Verify that your local machine is running a supported version of Windows. For a list of supported operating systems, see the release notes for your version of VMware Remote Console.
- Access the VMware Remote Console download page and download VMware Remote Console for Windows.
You can also access the download page from the vRealize Automation console or the vCloud Director Web Console.
- In the vRealize Automation console, select any virtual machine in your deployment. Click the Actions icon and select Connect using VMRC. On the page displayed, click Download VMRC.
- In the vCloud Director Web Console, select . Click Actions on any virtual machine and select Download VMRC.
- Decompress the file to a temporary directory and run the installation wizard.
- Click Next to begin installation.
- Read and accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- Specify the installation directory and click Next.
- Select whether to check for product updates and whether to join the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP).
For more information about the CEIP, see Join or Leave the Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- Click Install.
VMware Remote Console is installed on your local machine and is configured to open URLs that use the