You download the Linux installation package and run it on your local machine.
Verify that your local machine is running a supported version of Linux. For a list of supported operating systems, see the release notes for your version of VMware Remote Console.
- Access the VMware Remote Console download page and download VMware Remote Console for Linux.
You can also access the download page from the vSphere Client or VMware Host Client.
- In the vSphere Client, select any virtual machine, open the Summary tab, and click .
- In the VMware Host Client, select any virtual machine and select .
- Switch to the
sudo su -
- If necessary, grant execute permissions to the installation package.
chmod +x VMware-Remote-Console-version-build.x86_64.bundle
- Run the installation package.
- To install in GUI mode, perform the following steps.
To install in command-line mode, perform the following steps.
- Read and accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- Select whether to check for product updates and click Next.
- Select whether to join the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) and click Next.
For more information about the CEIP, see Join or Leave the Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- Click Install.
- Press Enter and read the license agreement.
- When you reach the end of the license agreement, type yes to accept the license agreement.
You can type q to move to the end of the license agreement.
- If you want to check for product updates, type yes.
VMware Remote Console is installed on your local machine and is configured to open URLs that use the