You can use VMware Remote Console to access virtual machines in the vSphere Client or VMware Host Client.
- Install VMware Remote Console on your local system.
- If necessary, configure a proxy server through which to connect to virtual machines. See Configure Proxy Settings.
- To access a virtual machine from the vSphere Client, perform the following steps.
- In the vSphere Client, select the desired virtual machine.
- On the Summary tab, click Launch Remote Console.
- To access a virtual machine from the VMware Host Client, perform the following steps.
- In the VMware Host Client, select the desired virtual machine.
- Select .
VMware Remote Console connects to the specified virtual machine.
What to do next
Click the screen of the virtual machine in VMware Remote Console to transfer mouse and keyboard input to the virtual machine. To release the mouse and keyboard back to your local client, press Ctrl+Alt for Windows and Linux or Ctrl+Command for macOS.