You can use VMware Remote Console to connect USB and Bluetooth devices to a virtual machine.
Verify that the device has been connected to your local machine.
- Access the target virtual machine in VMware Remote Console.
- View available removable devices.
- On Windows, open the menu.
- On macOS, select .
- On Linux, open the menu.
- Connect the removable device to the virtual machine.
- On Windows or Linux, select the desired device from the Removable Devices menu and click Connect (Disconnect from Host).
- On macOS, select the desired device under Connect USB devices from your Mac.
When the device is connected to the virtual machine, a check mark appears next to the name of the device, and a device icon appears on the virtual machine taskbar.
If the device is connected to the client through a USB hub, the virtual machine sees only the USB device, not the hub.
What to do next
If you need to disconnect a removable device, perform the following steps:
- On Windows or Linux, select the desired device from the Removable Devices menu and click Disconnect (Connect to Host).
- On macOS, deselect the desired device under Connect USB devices from your Mac.