VMware RemoteHelp for Windows 10 Release Notes provides information on the new features and improvements in each release. This page includes a summary of the new features introduced, a list of our resolved issues, and known issues.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
- New Features
- Minimum Requirements
- Download Instructions
- Support Contact Information
- Known Issues
- Resolved Issues
The VMware development team is excited to announce that VMware RemoteHelp 20.07 for Windows 10 is publicly available.
VMware RemoteHelp is a SaaS based Standalone (no integration/dependency on Workspace ONE) Remote Management product that is geared towards Carrier market. This product helps Carrier Customer Care Agents to remotely diagnose, support, and troubleshoot problems on mobile devices/Desktops for end users (Subscribers) in a simple and secure way. VMware RemoteHelp supports Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows 10 platforms.
These integrations must be in place for seamless access from Care Portal to VMware RemoteHelp.
- CRM Integration: Integration with Carrier Care Portal allows access from within the Care Console.
- SSO (Single Sign On) Integration: Enables User authentication for Care Agents.
- SMSC/SMTP gateway (Optional): Some Carriers can arrange for SMSC/SMTP gateway integration (instead of a 3rd party aggregator) to ensure SMSs/emails are coming from a known source.
The product is offered in two SKUs (Standard, Plus).
- Standard SKU provides VMware branded console & client with Remote View capabilities only.
- Plus SKU provides a branded client/console with full Remote Control capabilities (based on the availability of signed clients).
- Windows 10 – Anniversary Update (version 1607).
- Carrier CRM integration, SSO integration. SMSC/SMTP integration (optional).
- Any HTML5 compatible browser for Care agent access.
End users download it from the SaaS environment based on the email link sent by the Care agent.
The resolved issues are grouped as follows.Resolved Issues for version 20.07
We are always working to improve VMware RemoteHelp with every release. There are no major bug fixes to report.
The known issues are grouped as follows.Known Issues for version 20.07
We haven’t identified any notable known issues in this release. If you’re facing any problems, feel free to reach out to our support team.