Welcome to the VMware SASE™ documentation.
Beginning with Release 4.4.0 VMware offers a comprehensive cloud-delivered Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) platform that brings together industry-leading solutions from VMware.
VMware SASE is a cloud-hosted solution that enables any user on any device and at any location a reliable, efficient, and optimal access to any cloud application with security enforcement. As an extensible solution VMware SASE delivers networking and security services using a global network of VMware SASE PoPs (Points of Presence). VMware SASE uses a single pane of glass management platform to configure, manage and monitor these services. The solution offers actionable insights into end-user and IoT device operational experience.
The solution is available as a managed service or DIY, leveraging a global network of cloud service nodes.
- VMware SD-WAN™ is the award-winning leader in software-defined WAN, delivering high-performance, reliable branch access for easy deployment, and management across cloud or hybrid environments. Customers across healthcare, education, retail, and financial services rely on VMware SD-WAN to slash bandwidth costs, deploy faster, and maximize ROI.
- VMware Secure Access™ is a remote access solution that is based on Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) framework. The cloud-hosted solution offers multiple benefits over the traditional VPN solutions enabling users a consistent, optimal and secure cloud application access.
- VMware Cloud Web Security™ is a cloud hosted services that protects users and infrastructure accessing SaaS and Internet applications from a changing threat landscape, offers visibility and control, and ensures compliance. Cloud Web Security is delivered through a global network of VMware SASE Points of Presence (PoPs) to ensure optimal access to applications.
- VMware Edge Network Intelligence™ is a vendor agnostic AIOps solution focused on the enterprise edge that ensures end user and IoT client operational assurance as traffic from these devices traverse wireless and wired LAN, SD-WAN, and SASE.
- VMware SD-WAN Client™ is a simple, secure, and high-performance remote access service that follows the principles of zero trust to securely connect endpoints of remote workers and mobile devices without hardware edges while providing visibility and insight into the user’s application experience.
Starting from the 5.4.0 release, all Administration related or shared settings across services are moved to the Global Settings service. The VMware SASE Global Settings guide explains these settings in detail.
Please use the navigation on the left to browse the available VMware SASE documentation for each solution.
Visit VMware SASE to learn more.