SNMP is a commonly used protocol for network monitoring and MIB is a database associated with SNMP to manage entities. SNMP can be enabled by selecting the desired SNMP version as described in the steps below. At the Edge Level, you can override the SNMP settings specified in the Profile by selecting the Enable Edge Override checkbox.
- The VeloCloud Edge MIB is new for the 3.3.2 release. To download the VeloCloud Edge MIB: go to the Remote Diagnostic screen (Test & Troubleshooting > Remote Diagnostics) and run MIB for VeloCloud Edge. Copy and paste results onto your local machine.
- Install all MIBs required by VELOCLOUD-EDGE-MIB on the client host, including SNMPv2-SMI, SNMPv2-CONF, SNMPv2-TC, INET-ADDRESS-MIB, IF-MIB, UUID-TC-MIB, and VELOCLOUD-MIB. All the above-mentioned MIBs, except VELOCLOUD-MIB, can be found online. For VELOCLOUD-MIb, please check VeloCloud website.
About this task: At the Edge level, you can override the SNMP settings specified in the Profile by selecting the Enable Edge Override checkbox. The Edge Override option enables Edge specific edits to the displayed settings, and discontinues further automatic updates from the configuration profile for this module. For ongoing consistency and ease of updates, it is recommended to set configurations at the Profile rather than Edge exception level.
- SNMP MIB-2 System
- SNMP MIB-2 Interfaces
- VELOCLOUD-EDGE-MIB (new for the 3.3.2 release)
- HOST-RESOURCES-MIB, from RFC 1514
- Obtain the VELOCLOUD-EDGE-MIB on the Remote Diagnostic screen of the VeloCloud Orchestrator. (See "Before you begin" for more information).
- Install all MIBs required by VELOCLOUD-EDGE-MIB. (See "Before you begin" for more information.
- From the VeloCloud Orchestrator, go to Configure > Edges.
The VeloCloud Edges screen appears.
- Select an Edge you want to configure SNMP settings for, and click the Device icon under the Device column.
The Configuration Edges screen for the selected Edge appears.
- Scroll down to the SNMP Settings area and check the Enable Edge Override checkbox. You can choose between two versions, v2c or v3.
- For a SNMP v2c config follow the steps below:
- Check the v2c checkbox.
- Type in a Port in the Port textbox. The default setting is 161.
- In the Community textbox, type in a word or sequence of numbers that will act as a 'password' that will allow you access to the SNMP agent.
- For Allowed IPs:
- Check the Any checkbox to allow any IP to access the SNMP agent.
- To restrict access to the SNMP agent, uncheck the Any checkbox and enter the IP address(es) that will be allowed access to the SNMP agent.
- For a SNMP v3 config, which provides added security support follow the steps below:
- Type in a port in the Port textbox. 161 is the default setting.
- Type in a user name and password in the appropriate textboxes.
- Check the Privacy checkbox if you want your packet transfer encrypted.
- If you've chcked the Privacy checkbox, choose DES or AES from the Algorithm drop-down menu.
- Configure Firewall Settings. After you have configured SNMP Settings, go to Firewall settings (Configure >Profiles > Firewall) to configure the Firewall settings that will enable your SNMP settings.