This section describes how to install an SSL certificate.
To install an SSL certificate:
- Login into the VCO console. If you configured the VeloCloud Orchestrator as described here, you should be able to log into the virtual machine with the user name
vcadminand password that you defined when you created the cloud-init ISO).
- Generate the VCO private key.
Note: Do not encrypt the key. It must remain unencrypted on the VCO system.
openssl genrsa -out server.key 2048
- Generate a certificate request. Customize
-subjaccording to your organization information.
openssl req -new -key server.key -out server.csr -subj "/C=US/ST=California/L=Mountain View/O=Velocloud Networks Inc./OU=Development/CN=vco.velocloud.net"Description of Subject fields:
Field Description C country ST state L locality (city) O company OU department (optional) CN VCO fully qualified domain name
- Send server.csr to a Certificate Authority for signing. You should get back the SSL certificate (server.crt). Ensure that it is in the PEM format.
- Install the certificate (which requires root access). VCO SSL certificates are located in /etc/nginx/velocloud/ssl/.
cp server.key server.crt /etc/nginx/velocloud/ssl/ chmod 600 /etc/nginx/velocloud/ssl/server.key
- Restart nginx.
Service nginx restart