In the same Gateway page ( Operator > Gateways), enable the Partner Gateway mode by selecting the Partner Gateway checkbox. Unselect the Secure VPN Gateway checkbox (which is needed only if you plan to use this VCG to establish an IPSec tunnel to a non-VeloCloud site).
- Static Routes: Specify the subnets or routes that the VCG should advertise to the VeloCloud Edge, along with the handoff mode and whether or not to encrypt the traffic. This is global per VCG and applies to ALL customers. With BGP, this section is typically used only if there is a shared subnet that all customers need to access and if NAT handoff is required.
Remove the unused subnets from the Static Route list above if you do not have any subnets that you need to advertise to the VCE and have the handoff of type NAT.
The ICMP probe parameters are optional and recommended only if you want to use ICMP to check the health of the VCG. With BGP support on the Partner Gateway, using ICMP probe for failover and route convergence is no longer required.
- ICMP Failover Probe: The VeloCloud Gateway can use ICMP probe to check for the reachability of a particular IP. It can notify the VeloCloud Edge to failover to the secondary Gateway if the VeloCloud Gateway detects that the particular IP is not reachable.
- ICMP Responder Enabled: This will allow the VeloCloud Gateway to respond to the ICMP probe from the next hop router when its tunnels are up.
- Mode=Conditional: The VCG will respond to the ICMP request only when its service is up and when at least one tunnel is up.
- Mode=Always: The VCG will always respond to the ICMP request from its peer.