This section describes the VeloCloud Gateway installation procedures.
In general, installing the VCG involves the following steps:
- Create VCG on VCO and make a note of the activation key.
- Configure VCG on VCO.
- Create the cloud-init file.
- Create the VM in VMware or KVM.
- Boot the VCG VM and ensure the VCG cloud-init initializes properly. At this stage, the VCG should already activate itself against the VCO.
- Verify connectivity and disable cloud-init.
Important: VCG supports both the virtual switch and SR-IOV. This guide specifies the SR-IOV as an optional configuration step.