To download Virtual WAN Virtual Private Network (VPN) configurations, the SD-WAN Orchestrator requires a Blob Storage Account that acts as an intermediary data store from where the configurations can be downloaded. The SD-WAN Orchestrator aims to create seamless user experience by provisioning a transient storage account for each of the download task. To download VPN site configurations, you must manually register the Microsoft.Storage resource provider on your Azure Subscription. By default, the Microsoft.Storage resource provider is not registered on Azure Subscriptions.
To register a resource provider for your subscription:
- Ensure you have an Azure subscription. If not, create a free account.
- Ensure you have the Contributor or Owner roles permission.
- Log in to your Microsoft Azure account.
- Click All Services and search for Subscriptions.
- From the list of subscriptions, select your subscription.
- Under the Settings tab, select Resource providers.
- From the list of available resource providers, select Microsoft.Storage. and click Register.
The resource provider is registered and also configures your subscription to work with the resource provider.
What to do next
You can create the resources in Azure, for steps, see Configure Azure Virtual WAN for Branch-to-Azure VPN Connectivity.