Describes how to create a resource group in Azure.
To create a resource group in Azure:
- Ensure you have an Azure subscription. If not, create a free account.
- Log in to your Microsoft Azure account.
The Microsoft Azure home screen appears.
- Click All Services and search for Resource groups.
- Select Resource groups and click +Add.
The Create a resource group screen appears.
- From the Subscription drop-down menu, select your Microsoft Azure subscription.
- In the Resource group text box, enter a unique name for your new resource group.
A resource group name can include alphanumeric characters, periods (.), underscores (_), hyphens (-), and parenthesis (), but the name cannot end with a period.
- From the Region drop-down menu, select the location for your resource group, where the majority of your resources will reside.
- Click Review+create and then click Create.
A resource group is created and appears on the Azure portal dashboard.
What to do next
Create an Azure Virtual WAN. For steps, see Create a Virtual WAN.