As an enterprise Administrator, at the Edge level, you can override the Network Time Protocol (NTP) settings specified in the Profile by selecting the Enable Edge Override checkbox. By default, at the Edge level, the NTP Servers are disabled.
To override NTP settings at the Edge-level, perform the following steps.
NTP has the following prerequisites:
- To configure an SD-WAN Edge to act as an NTP Server for its clients, you must first configure the Edge's own NTP time sources by defining Private NTP Servers.
- From the SD-WAN Orchestrator, go to Configure > Edges.
- Select an Edge you want to override NTP and click the icon under the Device column.
The Device Settings page for the selected Edge appears.
- Go to the NTP area and select the Enable Edge Override checkbox.
- From the Source Interface drop-down menu, select one of the Edge interface configured in the segment as the source interface.
- Override the other NTP settings specified in the Profile associated with the Edge by following the Step 3 and 4 in Configure NTP Settings for Profiles.
- Click Save Changes. The NTP settings for the Edge will be overridden.
What to do next
Debugging and troubleshooting are much easier when the timestamps in the log files of all the Edges are synchronized. You can collect NTP diagnostic logs by running the NTP Dump remote diagnostic tests on an Edge. For more information about how to run remote diagnostic tests on an Edge, see Remote Diagnostics.