This section describes the troubleshooting enhancements for Edge Clustering.
Edge Clustering includes a troubleshooting feature to rebalance VMware SD-WAN Spoke Edges within a Cluster. The rebalancing of the Spokes can be performed on any of the Hubs within the Cluster. There are two methods to rebalance Spokes:
- Evenly rebalance Spokes across all the Hubs in the Cluster.
- Exclude one Hub and rebalance the Spokes across the remaining Hubs in the Cluster.
Rebalancing Spokes on the Hub Using the VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator
An administrator may rebalance Spokes in a Cluster via Remote Diagnostics on the VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator. When an SD-WAN Edge is deployed as a Hub in a Cluster, a new Remote Diagnostics option will appear named Rebalance Hub Cluster, which offers users two choices.
Redistribute Spokes in Hub Cluster
- This option will attempt to evenly re-distribute Spoke Edges among all Hub Edges in the Cluster.
Redistribute Spokes excluding this Hub
- This option will attempt to evenly re-distribute Spokes among Hubs in the Cluster, excluding the Hub Edge from which a user is running the Redistribute Spokes utility.
- This option can be used for troubleshooting or maintenance to remove all Spokes from this Hub Edge.
Shown below is an image of the Remote Diagnostics section of the Hub.