The Orchestrator portal allows Operator Super Users and Operator Standard Admins to manage the Software Images for the associated Edges.
As an Operator Super User, you can upload a new software image, modify the existing software images, and delete a software image associated with the Edges.
- To upload a new software image, in the Operator portal, click Software Images.
- Click Upload Software Image and choose an Image file (ZIP format) to upload from your local storage. The Orchestrator validates the package and uploads it to the portal. You can upload multiple Software Images to the portal.
- The uploaded packages are displayed in the Software Images page.
- To modify an uploaded software image, click the link to the image name or select the image and click Edge Image Update pop-up window appears.
- You can update the Name and Description of the software image package, if needed.
- Select the Deprecated checkbox to deprecate the software image and click OK.
The deprecated software image is flagged and appears in the Software Images page.Note: Once the image is deprecated, the image will not appear in the list of available software images or versions to be assigned to Operator Profiles, or Customers or Edges.Note: The existing Operator Profiles that contain a deprecated image is also flagged to notify the user that the software version of the profile contains a deprecated software image.
- To delete a package from the portal, select the image and click .
What to do next
To upgrade the Edges within an Enterprise with a specific Software Image, see Manage Operator Profiles.