You can clone the configurations from an existing customer and create a new customer with the cloned settings.
Only Operator Super users and MSP Super users can clone a customer.
- Enterprise configuration profiles
- Enterprise network services and objects like:
- DNS services
- Private network names
- Network Segments
- Customer capabilities
- Edge authentication scheme
- Address groups and Port groups
- Profile with Edge references like hubs, clusters, and so on
- Profile containing Partner Gateway References
- Cloud Security Service enabled
- Non VMware SD-WAN Sites
- VNF or VNF licenses
- Authentication services
- NetFlow objects like collectors or filters
In the Operator portal, navigate to Manage Customers.
- In the Customers page, select the customer you want to clone, and then click .
- In the New Customer window, enter the following details. You can also choose the New Customer option to create a new customer without cloning the configurations from the selected customer. See Create New Customer.
- Under Clone Configuration, you can configure the following details.
Option Description Template Customer
By default, the selected customer is considered for the cloning purpose. If required, you can choose a different customer from the drop-down list.
If a customer or enterprise does not meet the appropriate cloning conditions, as listed at the beginning of this section, then it is not available in the drop-down list. This list displays only the name of customers that can be cloned.
Additional Clone Attributes In addition to the default cloned configurations, you can select the following settings to be cloned, as required:
- Security Policy
- Alert Configuration
- Global Routing Preferences
- IAAS Subscriptions
- Enter the Customer Information and Administrative Account details, as described in Create New Customer.
- In the Customer Configuration section, the Operator Profile, Software Images, Gateway Pool, and Default Edge Authentication are cloned from the selected customer. If needed, you can modify the cloned customer configuration settings.
- You can manage the software image assigned to an enterprise directly by assigning an Operator Profile to an enterprise or allow an Enterprise Super user to manage the software images available for the enterprise by enabling the Manage Software Image checkbox. For more information about Manage Software Image, see Create New Customer.
- You can manage the Edge Licenses assigned to an enterprise by clicking Modify. In the Select Edge Licenses pop-up window, you can select and assign new edge licenses for the customer, from the available list.
- You can enable the Analytics functionality for an enterprise customer by selecting and assigning an option from the Analytics Capability drop-down menu. You can aslo define the maximum allowable Analytics Edges that can be confgured for the customer. For more information, see Enable Analytics for a New Customer.
- Click Create.
The new customer name is displayed in the Customers page. The customer is already configured with the cloned settings. You can click the customer name to navigate to the Enterprise portal and add or modify the configurations. for more information about customer configurations and settings, see Configure Customers and VMware Administration Guide available at https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-SD-WAN-by-VeloCloud/index.html.